Tuesday, October 20, 2009

The time to relax is when you don't have time for it

Title compliments of Robert Heinlein


I've been pretty overwhelmed lately. Between balancing my social life and my job during football season, I'm pretty run down and now I am going to be traveling for a week for work.  Not that I can complain about a week in L.A., San Francisco, and Sacramento, especially since this time I will have a few days to enjoy the weekend there.


Anyway, my plan this weekend is to just relax for the first time in months. And I can't think of any better way to relax than remembering the simple things.


First of all, how had I never heard of Oats in a Jar? 
Using the leftover peanut butter in the jar as a bowl for oatmeal? genius! 
1/3 cup oats
3/4 cup milk
whatever fruit/toppings, I hear maple syrup and honey are good too.

I plan on making it as soon as I finish the chunky honey peanut butter in my desk drawer (yes I keep it in my desk and it is usually eaten right off the spoon around 4pm).
Also want to try it with my favorite cinnamon raisin peanut butter...mmm.


Relaxation method No. 2- reading. I have been a member of the Austin and Dallas Public Libraries since I moved to both places. I read quickly and can't afford to buy new books...Currently, I'm reading The Billionaire Who Wasn't, about Chuck Feeney, his billionaire empire, and the fact that he gave it all away without anyone knowing. Good so far, stay tuned.

Also quite enjoying the new Starbucks VIA. Not too shabby for instant coffee! I'm too lazy to get an actual coffee maker and (scoff) clean it every morning, so instant works better for me.


Finally, I am really hoping I can make my mom go see Where the Wild Things Are with me this weekend.


One of my childhood favorites & an awesome soundtrack.

In the words of Maurice Sendak himself,
"There must be more to life than having everything."




No comments:

Post a Comment