Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Dear Mattel, You have totally grossed me out

I had to DEAB (Drop everything and Blog) when I came across the following...I will just tell it in the form of a story to truly capture the essence of Mattel's marketing strategy.....


One night, little Susie asked her mommy the much anticipated (and dreaded) question, 
Susie: Mommy, where do babies come from?

Mommy: Well Susie, when mommies and daddies love each other very much, they call the stork and havehim bring them a beautiful little baby (Mommy smiles).
Susie: It's not nice to lie, Mommy.
Mommy: What do you mean?
Susie: When I played at Sally's house today, she had new Barbie toys.....


First, Barbie and Ken pour a nice glass of sparkling cider and get in the bathtub....

They make a baby with the magic bubbles and Barbie is pregnant!
 
Then, when she wants to have the baby, she pops her tummy off!!



I'm sorry, what just happened to babies appearing magically out of thin air?  Why does the baby have to be all folded up like that? If we really want to be correct that's not even where the baby goes...

I will leave the horror stories to "Knocked Up" if I decide I near some scare tactics. Mattel, this is truly weirder than the wax MJ memorabilia that came out shortly after his death.



- Hi Barbie!
- Hi Ken!
- You wanna go for a ride?
- Sure, Ken!
- Jump in!
- Ha ha ha ha!

I'm a Barbie girl in the Barbie world
Life in plastic, it's fantastic
You can brush my hair, undress me everywhere
Imagination, life is your creation

Come on, Barbie, let's go party

I'm a Barbie girl in the Barbie world
Life in plastic, it's fantastic
You can brush my hair, undress me everywhere
Imagination, life is your creation......

No comments:

Post a Comment